It's the middle of summer and your AC Unit stopped blowing cool air. How frustrating! There are a few reasons this could be happening:
- Your air filter may be dirty. Dirty air filters restrict airflow.
- It is possible the evaporator coils have frozen up due to condensation, this prevents proper heat transfer. If your coils are frozen, turn the unit off and give the coils 24 hours to thaw out.
- Your thermostat settings could be off, ensure your fan is set to auto and the cool setting is selected.
- Make sure that the breaker has not been tripped. If there is no energy getting to your HVAC unit it will not be able to cool your home properly.
- If the unit is hissing, your energy bill may have increased significantly or the coils are frozen and you may have a leak.
Should you notice or experience any of the issues above, call the professionals you trust to evaluate the system at (702) 664-8859.